Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 27, 2014


"What's so special about rust?"

Oh, so very, very much.

It's about a useful history
It's about standing up to time.

It's about patina.



If only we could hear the fascinating stories
these garden gate latches have to tell:


Old metal blades and cogs were used to
create a one-of-a-kind garden sculpture.


This portable fairy garden looks right
at home in a rusty wagon. 


An old florist's frog compliments a vintage photo:
Lilla Blanka



Yearn (yern):  verb; to have an
intense feeling of longing for
something; to be filled with
compassion or warm feeling.
Yes, I yearn for this rusty stack of metal drawers.



Dishfunctional Designs
A whole lot of yearning going on today.



If you can see the beauty in this old milk
can then you truly have rusty vision.



Moon to Moon
Rusty ceiling tiles make beautiful wall art.





Embrace the rust.

How fortunate that the owners salvaged these vintage
patio chairs but I would have left the rust on them:

Don't discard me because I'm rusty.
I still have many years of service and
usefulness left in me.



Travel Update!!

Guess where we are?
Come on, guess.

We're on our way to the Minnesota State Fair!

SO excited and can't wait to share the photos with you tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. I am afraid I am not a great lover of rust, but I was impressed with the milk churn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son loves to take photos of rust. Living in Japan he has some fabulous photos of what others think is trash.
    I like the chairs painted. Sitting on rust is not a great idea to me.
    Great post today.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete