Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 11, 2014



Know what I love about repurposing?  Everything!


Need a "manly" light fixture?  Consider a car or truck tag:
Repurposing is a win-win-win situation:
1) unused items are kept out of the landfill by finding a new purpose for them;
2) save money by not having to buy things that can be acquired through repurposing;
and 3) your family and friends think you're so clever!



The next time you're looking for a unique candle
holder you might want to start at the junk yard:
Rusty Chic?!


An old screen door makes a darling trellis:
Garden Web



Source
Do you have a french press sitting unused beside the (unused) cappuccino machine in the pantry?  Turn it into a tiny terrarium.  



    Link
    Here's an ingenious use for old desk lamp that you no longer need as a light - unplug it, turn the shade up and line it with plastic then plant a small succulent in it.



    Going camping before Summer is over?  Pack the
    cooking spices in clean empty TicTac holders.

    And speaking of containers . . . . . .

    The Kim Six Fix
    Click here for Kim Six' surprisingly easy tutorial
    on how to make your own nautical Tidy Cat tote.


    Refurbished Ideas assembled some stylish suggestions for repurposing an old sewing machine instead of letting it sit there and gather dust:










    Vintage sewing machine cabinets from the 1960s - 80s are
    still quite easy to find and are very affordable.

    Thanks for joining me on this Repurposeful Monday.
    I hope it's the start of a great week for you.

    3 comments:

    1. Love, love, love them all but the coffee press and lamp idea are fabulous.
      I need to go to Goodwill to see if I can find a coffee press.

      cheers, parsnip

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've actually seen several coffee presses at thrift shops in the last couple of months. It's a darling way to add plant life to the kitchen or to even grow herbs in.

        Delete
    2. Gosh I love the ideas you come up with, I'm a collector I love flea chic, I don't have much but, i love your ideas I may just adopt a few of my own even though my life is mostly photos....I think you're terrific

      ReplyDelete