Visit our Online Flea Market!

February 22, 2013


The first project we've undertaken since moving into the Country Cottage
has been building an island in the kitchen.  The base cabinets are complete
and the counter top has been ordered.  Now I'm looking for a unique and
unusual pot and pan rack.  What do you think about these ideas?


Vintage railing can be cut into many different sizes.






Old windows are easy to find and are fairly affordable.





Don't you love this darling antique sled?!





And how cute is this vintage wrought iron bird cage?





The painted tree limb might be a little too organic for me.





I'd be a little worried about keeping
the pots balanced on this bicycle wheel.












We'd have to reinforce the ceiling to carry the weight
of a wrought iron fence but what a cool idea.





Hands down, this old commercial baker's tray is one of my
favorites.  I like the way the light fixture hangs through it.






Repurposing metal wall art into a
pots and pans rack is quite ingenious.





Antique wood ladders make charming
racks and also provide additional storage:







Golly, these pans look awfully un-used.  Maybe I need a rack that
is so unusual that it will take the attention off of my ugly old pans!





The more pictures I see of old ladders
used as pot racks, the more I'm interested.




Here's a very young Martha Stewart standing beneath
the big daddy of all pot racks.  Wonder if she still has it?!

If you can think of other items that could be repurposed
into a rack, let me know.  And have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. What fun ideas. My favorite is definitely the vintage rail - with the ladders running a very close second. I love the simplicity and, unlike the bicycle wheel, balance :)

    I can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarajan! Love the pot rack pics! So many wonderful ideas! I just took mine down last year...it was a black ladder(changed my decor, that's why I removed) And YES, please use the SIGN on my posting...it is from pinterest!! LOVE how it SPEAKS to one! Have a wonderful and blessed weekend~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jan do I love your kitchen. Thanks for finding my blog because now I have found you. I am one of your newest followers. Have a great week end. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I love all the photos you've featured here. You could also use an old crib spring, you know, the flat wire thing framed with wood. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, you're right - the crib springs would be the perfect size. Thanks, Jan

      Delete
  5. These are all so wonderful. I would see one and think, Oh, that's my favorite, then I would scroll down and see the next and like it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos. My favorite is the ladder. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog, I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, they are all so gorgeous! My favorite is the ladder, but you have so many great options you can't go wrong! Love them all.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck trying to pick one! There are so many great choices, I do love the vintage rails and the ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will try again!! Love the ladders best...so many choices..Have you decided yet? Am sure you will pick something lovely! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like, way cool! my favourite is the one that the dried lavender is hanging from, love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete