Visit our Online Flea Market!

September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!  Since 1882, the first Monday in September has been designated as a day to acknowledge the achievements of the American worker. 


As lovers and collectors of vintage, historic, and rusty old stuff, we appreciate the craftsmanship and pride of the American laborer.




 
 




 
 

Sweet Carolina Blues


















 
 
 

















 

 
 
 
 



 
 

Many times I've wondered why I am enthralled by antiquities and vintage items,
why I prefer the old instead of the new.  Maybe it's the artistry and the pride that
went into the manufacturing of every day items in local factories; factories that provided communities with jobs; factories that helped build this country into the leader of the world's economies in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Job well done.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic collection of images! I oohed and ahhed over them all! The car dashboard is incredible, the boat is beautiful, and all those pens...I am going back for another look!
    I hope you had a very enjoyable Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete